- 2 hours attendance/preparation
- considering evidence
- taking your instructions
- providing advice on likely sentence
- Attendance and representation at a single hearing at the Magistrates Court
- Further attendances at the Magistrates Court will attract a fee of £300 plus VAT per attendance
The Fee does not include:
- instruction of any expert witnesses
- taking statements from any witnesses
- advice and assistance in relation to a special reasons hearing
- advice or assistance in relation to any appeal
- travelling to provide representation at Magistrates Courts other than Swansea, Llanelli, Haverfordwest and Newport Magistrates Courts
The key stages of your matter are based on the presumption that you have entered a guilty plea and have a date for your hearing and consist of the following;
- Meet with your solicitor to provide instructions on what happened.
- We will consider initial disclosure, and any other evidence and provide advice.
- Arranging to take and/or consider witness statements if necessary (this will have an additional cost, of £250 plus VAT).
- We will explain the court procedure to you so you know what to expect on the day of your hearing, and the sentencing options available to the court.
- We will conduct any further preparatory work, obtain further instructions from you if necessary and answer any follow up queries you have.
- We cannot provide a timescale of when your hearing will take place, as this depends on the court listing for that day.
- We will attend court on the day and meet with you before going before the Justices. We anticipate being at court for between 1 and 2 hours.
- We will discuss the outcome with you. If advice is required on appeal, this will carry an additional cost.